Monday 4 October 2010

Norman Wisdom R.I.P

1915 - 2010 - R.I.P

I was lucky enough to see this great man live in the wonderful seaside town of Sandown on the Isle of White when I must have been around 6 years old (1981), and although I remember little of his stage show - I remember laughing my bum off when he had a mad machine torture machine that he got caught up in, that included a studded mallet that smacked his arse! Saturday afternoons laid on the sofa suffering what we know know as man flu, saw Norman entertain me with such classics as Trouble in Store and The Girl on the boat he was an early film & comedy hero of mine. He often played a humble fool with a big heart, but the charm & wit that he exuded whilst capturing our hearts will endure. Have fun & keep on laughing Norm...

No comments:

Post a Comment