Friday 3 February 2012

Captain Jack Sparrow Meets Human Resources...

After a corporate night out with a meal and a few drinks with work, who do I meet on the way to the Taxi's busking on West Street? None other than my mucker Captain Jack Sparrow Busking in full regale with crappy guitar, well, well out of tune as usual.

One fettle & tuning sesh later and I got the thing in tune for us to perform "Bad Moon Rising" with me in my work suit on the gob iron (Harmonica) and Jack growling his way through the tune as usual... he very politely offered to pay me a quid for the performance - which I thought was far too much, so I offered to pay him for subjecting him to the shrilling squeals of the gob iron.

Although he did insist I take a swing of his rum for payment and I had the honour of being first mate for a few songs and somehow passing students and the good people of Sheffield tagged us as legends. . .
Nah I said, I'm just a wanderer that meets with Jack now and again to play some tunes, albeit out of tune most of the time. Captain Jacks the Legend playing into the late freezing hours & being gracious and friendly to his public & admirers.

After our song he was swamped by scantily clad pretty young things and after a blues jam in the bitter cold night and more swarming giddy girls we parted a pirate plundering the shores of Sheffield.

Every time we jam Jack always bemoans his guitar is f*****g shite and yes it really is, its a beaten up piece of crap that never stays in tune, yet it gets battered back into working order to a certain extent.

I wish I could give Jack a decent plank, however I don't really think he would take it , the instrument and the man gives the performance which carry each other.

As for tonight, a Pirate and a pin striped Human Resources man bonding on a typical Friday night in Sheffield?.. Why hell not? here's to you captain!

No comments:

Post a Comment